How To Dress The Rectangle Body Shape
How Do I Know If I Have A Rectangle Silhouette?
- Similar width in shoulders and hips and/or thighs
- No defined waistline (body and torso appears straight up and down)
- Straight body lines
- Body appears balanced
- Form curves. add volume to the top and bottom by wearing cap sleeve shirts, ruffles, small shoulder pads, and full skirts.
- Create the illusion of a waist. When adding volume, don't forget to create a waist! Cinch with a belt or wear clothing that tapers at the waist.
- Add layers. Add more dimension to your body by throwing on a blazer or cardigan.
[bctt tweet="The style goal of the rectangle body shape is to create the illusion of a waist. #styletips"]
Clothes To Avoid
- Shapeless clothing
- Straight dress
- Over-sized clothing that do not fit your top or bottom
- Peplum top
- Horizontal stripes
- Belted dress/coat
- Wide leg pant
Not sure how to style your body type? Want to set up a consultation to determine your body type? Email me at email@example.com or simply click the contact me button to the left of the page and I’ll be sure to help. And if you’re curious about about my 7 Week Virtual Styling Program, you can learn morehere! I’ll help you discover your style in 7 weeks from the comfort of your own home!