How To Look Thinner/Flattering In White Clothes
I recently went to an event where people who were a part of the event had to wear all white. I witnessed so many mistakes that could have easily be avoided. Needless to say, I was inspired to write this post on how to look thinner and flattering while wearing white clothes. I know for most women wearing white can be scary and some just won’t do it. But there are tricks and style tips where you can definitely look flattering while wearing white; just keep reading!
- Go with a thicker fabric. - Choose a fabric thick enough to hide your flaws. If you're not careful, wearing the wrong white fabric will show every lump and bump. The goal is to conceal these, not highlight them.
- Draw attention upward. - Switch the focus with a print or bold color top, or statement jewelry.
- Try monochromatic. - Wear all white for a long lean look. As I've mentioned before, wearing the the same color head to toe is not only slimming but also very chic.
- Wear the appropriate underwear. - For white clothes you should wear flesh tone color underwear and please no VPL (visible panty lines; this rule applies no matter what color you're wearing). Try a seamless nude thong or a pair of flesh colored spanx.
- Keep it loose. - White is very unforgiving. If you have problem areas, skin tight white is not flattering because it will literally show EVERYTHING.
- Make sure you are wearing the proper size. - Wearing clothes too small or too big can make you look larger. Please note that this is the case in every color but especially white. If you are in between sizes go a size up. It's better to not look like you squeezed your way in.
- Consider different silhouettes. - Try boot cut jeans/pants and A-line dresses/skirts. A pair of boot cut pants will balance out wider hips and an A-line dress cinches at the waist.
- Wear heels. - A tried-and-true trick for making the legs look thinner and longer
- Pair with an outer garment of a longer length. - Throw on a duster or long cardigan over a pair of white pants or a white midi dress. It will definitely conceal the areas you are trying to hide.
And don't forget to ditch that old "style rule" of not wearing white after Labor Day. I've given you the style tips to look thinner and flattering while wearing white, so rock your white clothes with confidence all year long!
If you do decide to try one of these tips I would love to see it! Tag me on instagram @arteresalynnstyle and use the hashtag #alstyletips. Have a safe and relaxing holiday weekend!